Nissan Safety Shield 360 on the 2019 Nissan Altima and Rogue
Keeping your safety in mind, Nissan engineers technologies that help ensure peace-of-mind while on the road and promote vigilant driving. And as a way to keep top-notch safety standards on every vehicle, Nissan is equipping the new Nissan Safety Shield 360 on the 2019 Nissan Altima and Rogue as standard features.
“Safety Shield 360 combines six advanced systems to give models like Altima and Rogue a class-leading package of technologies that can improve safety and the overall driving experience for Nissan owners.” – Denis Le Vot, chairman, Nissan North America
As Nissan’s latest development of the Nissan Intelligent Mobility equipment, the Safety Shield 360 is changing how Nissan models drive and assist drivers while operating. The six systems that the package adds includes:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 12, 2018) Nissan is introducing Safety Shield 360, a suite of six advanced active safety and driver-assist technologies as standard equipment on all of its top-selling models by 2021, representing more than one million vehicles annually.
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
- Tracks vehicles and people that are in front of you with forward-facing radar and cameras to give audible and visual warnings, then apply the brakes to help avoid or reduce a collision
- Lane Departure Warning
- Detects when the vehicle is drifting out of a lane and alerts you with a visual warning and audible or haptic signals
- High Beam Assist
- When a vehicle is detected ahead of you, the system automatically switches to low beams and turns high beams back on when it’s no longer detected
- Blind Spot Warning
- Monitors and alerts you when a vehicle is detected in the driver’s blind spot areas
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Warns you when moving vehicles are detected while you are revering out of a parking spot
- Rear Automatic Braking
- Detects stationary obstacles when backing up and will apply the brakes if needed
The Nissan Safety Shield 360 will be standard on the SV and SL trim levels of the 2019 Nissan Altima, 2019 Nissan Rogue and 2019 Nissan Rogue Sport.